November 2- 3rd Annual ISA Early Show- Batavia, IL
Tim and Dave will be representing Chi- Tie at the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance "Early Show" Nov 2. Come hang out with us. We'd love to meet more cool area fly fishers and tiers. This is the first show to kickstart the expo season and the only one dedicated entirely to the local scene. There will be local tying clubs, vendors, guides, and speakers. Chi- Tie friends P.J. Smith and Austin Adducci are slated to give presentations. We're looking forward to it and we hope to meet you there!
Here's what ISA has to say about it- check the website for more info.
The Early Show - 3rd Annual
Join the ISA Bassbuggers and DRiFT as they host the 3rd annual Early Show, Chicagoland’s only local fly fishing and fly tying show!
This year’s program will include: regional vendors, fly tyers from many of the Chicago area fly fishing clubs, regional guides and several free guest speaker presentations. Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructors will be available for on the water instruction, along with on the water spey casting demonstrations.
Come and sit down with some of the area’s best fly tyers as they demonstrate their talents tying a wide variety of warmwater, coldwater and specialty fly patterns. Bring the kids and have them take advantage of the free youth fly tying program. View the actual bugs that fish eat under a high-powered microscope.
• 25+ Regional fly tyers – sit and watch them create a fly for the waters they fish
• FFF certified casting instructors will provide free on the water casting instruction
• Regional fishing guides will be on hand to book trips
• Free guest speaker presentations all day long
• Entomology program with real bugs that can be viewed under a microscope
• Free youth fly tying sessions with all the materials provided
• Area vendor booths with products for sale
• Many Chicago area clubs will be in attendance
The show will again be located at the Batavia VFW Post 1197 on the banks of the Fox River in downtown Batavia Illinois. Food service will be available.
Mark your calendar now for the first fly fishing show of the Fall season.
Admission is $10.00 for adults - kids under 10 are free.
Show Location: VFW Post 1197
645 River Street
Batavia, IL. 60510
Show Date: Saturday, November 2, 2013
Show Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm